This is some awesome, delicious dish that you can eat after your workout. Everything is made in one pot so it’s relatively easy to make.
Here’re the ingredients for the paella:
-chicken breast: 1-1/2 lbs.
-jumbo shrimp, raw, peeled, and deveined: 1-1/2 lbs.
-coconut oil: 2 tbsp
-short-grain brown rice (cooked): 4 cups
-low-salt chicken broth: 2 cups
-red onion, sliced: 1/2
-tomatoes, diced: 2
-frozen peas: 2 cups
-lemon juice: 1 lemon
-minced garlic: 1 tbsp.
-smoked paprika: 1 tbsp.
-saffron threads: 1/2 tbsp.
-sea salt: to taste
-pepper: to taste
-parsley: to garnish
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet and set aside.
- Chop raw chicken breasts and shrimp into small pieces.
- Set a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp coconut oil. Once it’s melted, add red onion and minced garlic. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until the edges of the onion have browned.
- Toss in raw, chopped chicken breasts and cook until the chicken is 75 percent done. Don’t be alarmed if some parts of the chicken are still pink.
- Toss in raw shrimp and stir with wooden spoon or spatula. Cook until the shrimp is about 75 percent cooked.
- Add paprika and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add in cooked rice and diced tomatoes. Stir and reduce heat to medium.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add saffron. Allow the contents to simmer, and gently stir.
- Allow everything to cook for about three minutes. If you’d like, add fresh lemon juice.
- Add frozen peas and stir. Allow the paella to simmer for about five minutes, then garnish with freshly chopped parsley.