Try this amazing burrito recipe with beans and turkey. This is a delicious and very healthy recipe that contains low amount of fat and it’s high in protein. This meal can be great for adding some lean muscle mass.
Turkey & Beans Burrito
- 1 lbs lean ground turkey
- 3 12” whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 cups black beans (canned, low in sodium)
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheese or sour cream
- Add 2 tbsp grapeseed oil to the sauté pan and place over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add turkey, ½ tsp pepper, and Tabasco and brown the meat, stirring regularly until turkey is cooked through (about 6-7minutes). Drain the fat from the pan, place cooked turkey on a paper towel, and set aside.
- Return the sauté pan to medium-high heat, add remaining oil and onions, and cook, stirring continuously, until onions are slightly translucent. Reduce heat, add peppers, tomatoes, beans, salt, and remaining pepper, and cook until peppers are soft to the touch (about 10 min). Add vinegar, parsley, mustard, cilantro, and cooked turkey. Heat for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- To build a burrito, lay on a tortilla flat surface and add a 3/4 of the turkey-bean mixture to the center of the tortilla. Top with cheese, fold, and eat.
Follow MINDHEARTMUSCLE on Pinterest:
Follow MINDHEARTMUSCLE on Tumblr: